This visa is designed for international students to complete a trade or vocational certificate or diploma in Australia

After you have successfully completed the application and enrolment process, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). Once you have this, you can apply to the Department of Home Affairs for a student visa. You may choose to use a Registered Migration Agent or may choose to complete it yourself.  

More information about how to apply for a visa can be accessed here: 


  • Once you have received your visa, you must abide by its conditions. If you don’t, you can be sent home and won’t be able to finish your course. Conditions include (but are not limited to): 
  • Satisfy attendance and/or course progress requirements and maintain a valid enrolment for your course. 
  • Only work if you have been given permission to do so as part of your visa grant (and not work more than the stipulated number of hours). 
  • Maintain approved Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) while in Australia. 
  • Notify your training provider of your Australian address and any subsequent changes of address within 7 days.  
  • Complete the course within the duration specified in the CoE you received.  
  • Remain with the principal education provider for 6 months unless you are issued with a letter of release from the education provider to attend another institution.